Guiding words

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine,
you did for me.' Matthew 25: 40

Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year....New News

Okay. I admit I am not good at keeping up with the blog. I tend to blurt out updates on Facebook or a quick email. I thought this week would be as good a time as ever to post updates.

Our biggest news is that we got news on Tuesday, January 3 that we are officially licensed as a foster family. Our social worker told us to be ready because we could get a call any day now for children to come to our home. This whole journey (of fostering) began January 9 last year when I heard God asking us to foster.

Back in November, we had the privilege to get to choose the best offer among three to send to the bank. Let me let you in on something. That is unheard of to have THREE offers in the first week that a house goes on the market. So, we have been going through the process with the bank. We had gotten all the way to the point of waiting for the buyer on the banks final counteroffer before sending to "investors" for acceptance. The buyer terminated because the bank wanted to close "too early" for the buyer. We liked that they wanted to close at the end of January, but the buyer was looking for late spring. So, it went back on the open market on Monday, January 2. Already, we had to choose one out of two offeres! Yesterday, we signed an offer that was better than the last one and a cash offer at that! Our realtor tells us there is a chance we may close earlier than if we had stayed with the previous buyer. YAY!

With both of these situations, they have required patience. We didn't use to have much patience when we made decisions so it has truly been great lessons for us. It's hard to believe it's been a year since we started down this road. I can definitely say that Joel and I have grown in our faith and peace and assurance in God's direction more than we ever have before.

Since this chapter of my "Journey of Obedience" came to a close with our license, I will transition this blog to a family blog with updates on life in general.

Thank you for all your prayers and support.

Julie

1 comment: